Our immune system gets weaker day by day. The saying goes like ‘Better a thousand times careful than once dead’ I mean to say is in today’s environment where every year a new virus pops up, you can’t take risk of falling sick. So, in order to prevent diseases, you need to maintain a strong immune system. If you wanna know what exactly our immune system is, what it does and how important it is in order to have a long healthy life then do read the article mentioned below.
I have listed a few home remedies you can include in your day-to-day life so that you can maintain a strong immune system.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is a natural way to help bolster the immune system by increasing the immunomodulating capacity of the body.
- Add 1 ½ cup of milk
- Add half teaspoon of turmeric
- Half teaspoon of black salt pepper
- Add half teaspoon of ghee
- Boil the whole mixture for 5 minutes
- Stir it well
Now it’s ready to be served
For best result drink it thrice a week before going to bed.
Holy basil does wonder, acts as a natural immune system booster and keep infections at a bay. Tulsi is most commonly used in Indian dishes. Many people don’t have any idea about how beneficial this ingredient is. In Ayurveda it is said that this plant can never cause any damage to a human body and it is very helpful in maintaining good health. Tulsi leaves cures fever, anxiety, stress, respiratory problems, etc. It acts as a natural remedy for asthma.
- Add 1 cup of water in an empty utensil
- Add 7-8 Tulsi leaves
- Boil it in medium flame for 10 minutes and close the lid
- After 10 minutes open the lid and turn off the blame
- Stir the whole mixture
- Close the lid again and keep it in rest for 10 mins
- After 10 minutes strain the whole water
Your Tulsi water is ready to drink
For best result drink Tulsi water early morning on empty stomach.
JEERA (CUMIN SEEDS) WATER
Cumin seeds is an excellent source of iron besides potassium which helps in boosting immune system. Jeera is very rich in antioxidants and helps in fighting free radicals. Hence lowers the risk of infections.
- Add 1 Cup of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Boil the whole mixture
- Strain the water
Drink this warm jeera water daily on empty stomach for best result.
GINGER LEMON TEA
Ginger tea works as a great immunity booster. It cures sore throat, helps in digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger tea is a very good and healthy refreshment.
- Wash the ginger root thoroughly.
- Cut 10-12 thin slices of ginger and keep them in a bowl
- Add warm boiled water into that bowl
- Cover the bowl with a lid
- Let it rest for 10-12 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey into that bowl when the water comes to room temperature.
- (Never add honey in the warm water. Adding honey in warm water makes the mixture toxic for our body. Never consume such mixture)
- Add 2 teaspoon of lemon juice or more, as per your taste
- Stir the whole mixture and then strain it.
Your ginger lemon tea is ready, drink it immediately before it starts settling down
Best time to drink ginger lemon tea is early morning on empty stomach. You can just replace your morning tea with ginger lemon tea.
Garlic contains a compound called alliin. When garlic is crushed or chewed, this compound turns into allicin, which is the main active ingredient in garlic. Allicin has many medical properties. It increases the no. Of T cells, which is a component of immune system. It also helps in preventing flu, common cold, etc.
- Crush 1 clove of peeled garlic
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- (This helps the enzyme alliin to convert into allicin. Therefore, it increases the potency of garlic)
- Add honey as per your taste (optional)
Drink the whole content.
You can drink garlic water whenever you like. If you are unable to drink it you can even have 3-4 garlic 10-15 minutes before having food. It will help in digestion.
So, these were some very simple methods which you can include in your lifestyle to boost your immunity. Boosting immunity is the best way to prevent and be prepared from the pathogens. Because precaution will always be better than cure.
If you have any suggestions or ideas do mention in the comment section below. For more such article check out my website medicoved
Author : Easminara Shaikh